Join the MAEE Board of Directors!
The MAEE Board of Directors is seeking to fill 3-4 seats in an open election this fall, 2014. These seats are for two-year terms running from January 2015 to December 2017. If you are interested in running in the board election, details can be found on our website on what is required and expected of a board member. The application can be found here. The application deadline is September 1, 2014. Please email email@example.com or Vice President, Katie-Lyn Bunney with questions.
MAEE Blog: The driveway we all live on...
Read the latest blog post from MAEE Board member, Jill Nocera Swanson, as she appreciates the role of nature in her life as a new mom. "I hope we will continue to make decisions that will preserve and/or use our precious resources responsibly so that we and our children will continue to fulfill that sense of wonder and be able to breathe fresh air and drink clean water. At times when I feel that optimism weaken, it is quickly restored when I think of the community of people out there who is spreading the good word and doing the work to make sure we leave this planet a better place for our children and theirs."
Every month guest bloggers share their stories, resources, and insights into the world of environmental education. Read the blog here. Have something to share? We'd love to include your voice on our blog! Contact Callie Recknagel if you're interested.
Congratulations to the 2014 MAEE Award Winners!
Jim Rue - 2014 Lifetime Achievement in Environmental Education Award
Timothy Chase - 2014 Formal Environmental Educator of the Year Award
Bryan Wood - 2014 Non-formal Environmental Educator of the Year Award
The 2014 MAEE Conference, June 20-22, 2014 at the Audubon Center of the North Woods was a success! The theme, Rooted in Diversity, provided a base for many interesting discussions, sessions, workshops, and more. Thank you to the following for helping to make the 2014 conference a success:
- Our Conference Sponsors: SEEK, Acorn Naturalists, and Jeffers Foundation
- Audubon Center of the North Woods, especially Wendy Iverson and Bryan Wood for being such gracious hosts and for all the help in coordinating details
- Equal Exchange for donating chocolate
- River Bend Nature Center for donating presenter gifts
- Dr. Karen Oberhauser for her Keynote address
- Diversity Panel participants: Kao Tao, Tou Thai Lee, Raintry Salk, and John Smith
- All of the workshop facilitators, field trip leaders, and conference session presenters
- Current and past board members for laying groundwork to plan a conference
- All donations made to the silent auction. The funds generated from silent auction sales directly support our scholarship program.
- Volunteers: Amy Flatten, Alysa Zimmerle, Jenna Totz, Amber Brossard, Tiffany Ploehn, YenTran, Aimee Carlson
- Angela Bianco, 2014 MAEE Awards Coordinator
- Katie-Lyn Bunney and Jenni Poliseno, Conference Co-Coordinators
- Matti Erpestad, Field Trip Coordinator
- Britt Gangeness, Scholarship and Silent Auction Coordinator
- Megan Gavin, U.S. EPA, program printing
- Jill Nocera Swanson, Sponsorship Coordinator and flyer design
- Jenni Poliseno, Conference Co-Coordinator
- Callie Recknagel, Program layout, website, Volunteer Coordinator
- Sarah Shimek, Conference Sessions Coordinator
- John Smith, Diversity Panel Coordinator
- Wendy Tremblay, Field Trip and Exhibitor Coordinator
- And of course all of our members, without whom we would not exist!
Thank you to our 2014 MAEE Conference Sponsors! SEEK, Jeffers Foundation, and Acorn Naturalists
Visit SEEK for EE Jobs & Events
SEEK is a database of EE jobs, resources, and events. It's also home to Minnesota's EE guiding documents, like GreenPrint and Environmental Literacy Scope and Sequence: SEEK website!
MAEE Organizational Members
- Acorn Naturalists
- Jeffers Foundation
- Conserve School
- Minnesota Zoo
- Audubon Center of the Northwoods
- Wolf Ridge ELC
- MN Pollution Control Agency - SEEK
Interested in becoming an organizational member of MAEE?Check out our membership page for more details.
MAEE is a state affiliate of NAAEE
A member of the No Child Left Inside Coalition
MAEE is a member of the national No Child Left Inside (NCLI) Coalition. Read about the exciting legislation that this coalition promotes on our NCLI page and ask your organization to join the coalition today!
VIDEO: No Child Left Inside
A founding member of the MN Green Schools Coalition
MAEE is a member of the MN Green Schools Coalition and supports the work of transforming traditional schools into healthy, high-performing learning spaces for environmental education.