Theme: Rooted in Diversity
Date: June 20-22, 2014
Location: Audubon Center of the North Woods, Sandstone, MN
This two day conference starts the afternoon/evening of Friday, June 20 and ends early afternoon on Sunday, June 22.
- Full-Day workshop presented by the University of Minnesota Extension and the University of Minnesota Monarch Lab titled Driven to Discover: Using citizen Science to spark authentic science investigations
- Half -day workshop presented by the Fond du Lac Thirteen Moons Program Master Naturalist Instructors, describing the philosophy and techniques used to incorporate the Ojibwe Culture into their Northwoods, Great Lakes Master Naturalist curriculum, as well as other school programs and workshops.
- Half-day workshop about Project Learning Tree
- Keynote by Dr. Karen Oberhauser from the University of Minnesota Monarch Lab
- Diversity Panel: Hmong Environmental Experience, with local Hmong educators exploring "What makes the Hmong experience in nature or MN parks unique?", "What are barriers preventing the Hmong community from getting outdoors?", and "What are ways that the MN environmental education community can remove those barriers?"
- Eighteen sessions in four conference strands
- Field trips, networking opportunities, and more!
Seeking conference sponsors, exhibitors and volunteers! Click to learn more.
Nominate an Educator for the 2014 MAEE Awards!
The Minnesota Association for Environmental Education awards program exists to recognize and encourage excellence in the field of environmental education. Please take a moment to nominate a deserving fellow environmental educator for the 2014 awards. Awards will be given in the following categories:
To nominate yourself or another individual for any of the awards described, please fill out the Nomination Form on our Awards webpage. Submission deadline is April 14, 2014.
- Lifetime Achievement in Environmental Education
- Formal Environmental Educator of the Year
- Non-formal Environmental Educator of the Year
Did You Know...MAEE Has a Blog?
Every month guest bloggers share their stories, resources, and insights into the world of environmental education. Read the blog here. Have something to share? We'd love to include your voice on our blog! Contact Callie Recknagel if you're interested.
Visit SEEK for EE Jobs & Events
SEEK is a database of EE jobs, resources, and events. It's also home to Minnesota's EE guiding documents, like GreenPrint and Environmental Literacy Scope and Sequence: SEEK website!
MAEE Organizational Members
- Conserve School
- Minnesota Zoo
- Audubon Center of the Northwoods
- Wolf Ridge ELC
- MN Pollution Control Agency
Interested in becoming an organizational member of MAEE?Check out our membership page for more details.