The Minnesota Association for Environmental Education (MAEE) is Minnesota’s professional association for environmental educators. The MAEE was founded in 1992 and has a mission to support and advance environmental education throughout the state.
The MAEE is a network of professionals, students, and volunteers working in the field of environmental education. Our 250 members include classroom teachers and administrators, nonformal educators, outdoor recreation providers, natural resource professionals, and naturalists.
The MAEE Strategic Plan identifies three goals. They are to:
- Be a sustainable, mission-driven organization that effectively attracts and serves its membership.
- Provide strong leadership for environmental education in the state.
- Help to increase the amount and quality of environmental education in Minnesota.
In line with these goals, we:
- Coordinate conferences and gatherings to promote professional growth and networking opportunities.
- Publish a quarterly newsletter and monthly email with information about current EE events, research, and resources in the state.
- Represent the EE community on relevant issues and legislation.
- Support the work of our members through statewide initiatives, professional resources, and scholarships.
- Represent Minnesota as the state affiliate of the North American Association for Environmental Education.
The MAEE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization governed by a membership-elected Board of Directors consisting of 10 to 12 individuals. The organization also has one part-time staff person to assist with communications, membership, and conference planning.
The MAEE adheres to the principle that all person shall have equal opportunity and access to all association functions without regard to race, creed, color, gender identity, international or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Under this principle educational, social, and employment opportunities are available to all on an equal basis.
DocumentsMAEE 2006-2012 Strategic Plan
2009 Annual Report